Hibiscus Flower – Hibiscus is a bushy annual plant, find everywhere in Kerala. The red Hibiscus is the flower of the Hindu goddess Kali. Red hibiscus flowers are used to make garlands worship goddess Kali.
Hibiscus as National Flower
Hibiscus is the national flower of many countries. There are varieties of specious in hibiscus plant. Following are the list of countries, considered hibiscus as national flower.
- Yellow Hibiscus : Hawaii
- Pink or Rose Hibiscus : South Korea
- Red Hibiscus : Malaysia, Haiti
Hibiscus Flower and Ayurveda
Various parts of the plant are also used to make Ayurveda medicines. The flowers are large, conspicuous, trumpet shaped, with five or more petals, color from white to pink, red, orange, peach, yellow or purple.
Hibiscus-Flower Health Benefits
- Hibiscus is rich in Vitamin C and thus it has the capacity to cure cold related infections like sore throat, cough and headache.
- One of the main health benefits of hibiscus flower is that it helps to boost the level of immunity in your body.
- Hibiscus oil is extremely beneficial for the hair. Applying hibiscus oil to your hair ensures that your hair grows strong from the roots and stops breaking up easily.
- The hibiscus essence oil can actually help you darken your hair color. In fact, it is natural remedy against graying hair.
- Hibiscus-flower juice is a best shampoo for hair. Hibiscus shampoo hold the hair stronger and darker.
SEE MORE, FLOWERS OF KERALA