Passion fruit is a tropical fruit about the size of tennis ball with a brittle outer shell that contains crunchy seeds surrounded by intensely flavored, slightly sour, yellow, juicy pulp. The fruit is commonly known as Granadilla. In India, its widely known as ‘Krishna Phal’.
Plant and Varieties
Vitamins and Calorie
Passion-fruit is highly nutritious and rich in vitamins. It’s a good source of nutrients, especially fiber, vitamins like Vitamin A and vitamin C. 20 grams weighted single fruit contains following ingredients.
- Calories: 17
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 9% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 8% of the RDI
- Iron: 2% of the RDI
- Potassium: 2% of the RDI
Granadilla fruits also have some great health benefits. Following are the dozens of great health benefits of passion fruit.
- Passion fruit is highly rich in fiber and support digestion and treats gastrointestinal disorders
- Passion fruit is highly rich in Vitamin C, and iron which increases hemoglobin in our red blood cells.
- Because of low glycemic index and high fiber content, Passion fruit is good for diabetics.
- Passion fruit has many types of antioxidants in it like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and which will be better for skin health.
- It is quite a challenge to maintain good cholesterol levels and support health of heart.
Passion-fruit is known to be rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, iron phosphorous, potassium and sodium, and which will help to prevent bone weakness.
All the photos in this article are copyright protected. Using the same without permission is illegal.